Portable Clamp-On Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter
GE TransPort PT878GC Portable Clamp-On Ultrasonic Gas Flow-Meter
GE’s TransPort PT878GC brings clamp-on ultrasonic gas flow metering capability to the portable level. Designed for short-term flow survey work for compressed air, natural gas pipeline, inert gas or any compressed gas applications, it has the ability to measure gas flow rates, log data to internal memory and export flow data to a PC. It is especially useful for metering of erosive, corrosive, toxic, high-purity or sterile gases or in any application where penetrating the pipe wall is undesirable.
The flow-meter can be rented on a week by week, month by month basis and Air Solutions Hamilton will install the ultrasonic flow-meter in a turnkey capacity, if required. No disruption is required to the compressed air system or production at your facility.
Features and Benefits
- Easily installed with absolutely zero downtime
- No need for shutdowns or interrupting process as no tapping or cutting of pipe wall is required
- Avoids pipe debris contamination inside your pipes
- Noninvasive clamp-on transducers
- Temperatures up to 230 degrees C
- Velocity, volumetric, totalized actual and standard flow
- 2 to 12 inch pipe size compatibility
- Built-in data-logger for 100,000 measurements
- Built-in ultrasonic pipe-thickness gauge (optional)
- No disruption to production. Does not need to be installed after hours
- No need for a welder or pipe-fitter